Have you ever felt, “YouTube is a video platform then how it shows web pages”?
A Reddit user spotted that Google shows web pages while searching for videos on YouTube. He also shared the screenshot of the web page listing.
Google Tests Listing Web Pages in YouTube Search Results
Google started tests to display web pages in YouTube search results. As a result, one web result page is showed in YouTube search results. And the web page is placed in between the videos. The result provides two options: either you can directly access the website, or you can do the same search on Google. This web page listing has no symbol to identify whether it is an organic or paid listing.
Users Response for This listing Feature
While going through subreddit r/Google there are lots of bad comments for this listing feature.
Some of them are:
* “That’s really annoying. If I want a google search, I’d go to google. They should not treat users like tech illiterate people.”
* “That’s just bad. Who would want such a feature? I hope it’s optional.”
* “That would just ruin the YouTube experience. Haven’t they done enough with moving the comments.”
* “If it only comes up when there are not many results, it’s okay I guess. But if I search something with millions of results I wanna scroll down infinitely :D”
Also, some improvement suggestions were found in the comment section by Reddit users:
* “I don’t know man, sometimes I’m looking for a tutorial but I want a video explaining it, and if it doesn’t exist now I have the option to do a quick Google search in the app.”
* “The problem is when I need an answer to a question, and I don’t want to watch someone’s 7 minutes of filler before they answer it, and then ask us to like and subscribe in every way possible for 3 minutes.”
* “I might like this. I often do a back to back search like that.”